Date:      03 Jun 2002 20:04:55 +0200
From:      Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster@sebster.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100 Card

Hi all,

I have a RealPort Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 card for my laptop, model
number is REM56G-100. (This is not a CardBus card.)

This card no longer works as of FreeBSD 4.4, (in FreeBSD 4.3 it worked
just fine).

This is what I get:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
pccardd[279]: Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom" ("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem
56") [(null)] [(null)]
xe0: xe: Probing
pccardd[279]: driver allocation failed for Xircom(CreditCard Ethernet
10/100 + Modem 56): Device not configured

The kernel configuration has NOT been changed since 4.3, and currently I
run FreeBSD 4.6-RC.

pccardc dumpcis works fine, although I get some gunk before the real
data is found, namely:
Code 136 not found
Code 136 not found
code Unknown ignored
Code 138 not found
Code 138 not found
code Unknown ignored
Code 139 not found
Code 139 not found
code Unknown ignored

Then I get the usual
Configuration data for card in slot 0
Tuple #1, etc etc
(just as it used to be).

Any help, hints, or whatever to get me going in the right direction
would be very much appreciated. Has anybody else experienced this
problem with the named card?

I checked the archives for both freebsd-mobile and the old xircom list,
but did not find any relevant information.

Greetings,
Sebastiaan van Erk