Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS Classic

Hi Gang:

I am going to be losing my win95 laptops in a couple of months and I am
looking at other alternatives for voice over the net. It will probably
take quite some time before getting the mad16 driver support to work, so I
lurked on the GUS mailing list, and found one for sale.

It's a GUS classic version 3.4 with 1 MB RAM.  I only intend to do voice
over the net with some realaudio receiving. 1MB should be plenty for that
(even in full duplex mode) no?

What about the CDROM interface? How useable/supported is it under FreeBSD?

Lastly, what would you consider a fair price for a used GUS Class in the
above configuration?

Thanks.

Bernie