Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:58:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about a ports freeze...

 * 1) Is /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ cleaned towards the end of freezes, after a
 * port is comitted, or is it never cleaned?

It is supposed to be cleaned after a port is committed.  But sometimes
the committer never gets around to it.  And then once in a while we
get a massive warez (or whatever) attack and the sysadmin cleans up
everything.

As it is now plainly obvious, this is bad.  Maybe we should arrange a
different location for ports uploads only.

 * 2) Can I still submit ports for a future release during the freeze?

Sure.  But if it is for "future release"s only, then it won't be
committed during the freeze, as there are no branches in the ports
tree.  Actually, if it works fine for the current release, it may even
be committed during the freeze (nothing's different from normal times,
except it needs my permission).

Satoshi