Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:43:48 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netgraph...

>I don't really want to see a parser in the kernel, but both your scheme
>and poul's (and one of mine) has it anyway, so if it's there, we might as
>well use it directly.

... And if we didn't put it there, people developing modules would create
their own: "... if the first VLCIoid opened is 2.34.22, the physical
media will be set to 1/2" copper tube, if it is 2.34.23 it will be
3/4" lead tube anything else will flood your basement..." or litter
the place with sysctls and whatsnot...

Yes, it is quite counter and not "come ill faux", but we will need it.

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!