Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD? In Japan?

Hmm.  According to the latest spewage from slashdot, "TurboLinux" is the
#1 OS in Japan.. wading through the posts, it's noted that they are
counting only retail sales.  Yet, I've managed to unearth a lovely post:

   Re:Don't forget FREEBSD
   by Anonymous Coward on Monday July 26, @07:20PM EDT (#69)
   No. FreeBSD is invisible in Japan. I've lived here for 18 months and
   the Linux momentum is awesome. I've seen Linux on sale at newstands
   and drug stores. Never seen any BSD on sale anywhere. Sorry.

/me wonders what the real truth is..

- alex

You wear guilt,
like shackles on your feet,