Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:53:59 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No space left in lost+found

On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 10:10 -0800, bob prohaska wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lately I've been seeing "sorry, no space left in lost+found
> directory" during
> routine fsck of my rpi2. The messages seem to be new, in the last few
> weeks.
> The machine has root on the microSD card, but /usr, /tmp, /var and
> swap are
> all on a mechanical USB hard disk. Unrecovered files/directories are
> in /tmp.
>
> The running cycle is typically to build the latest revision of
> current, compile,
> reboot, fsck -fy twice and run stress2 -a till it crashes. Next,
> reboot, run fsck -fy
> three times, update using svnlite and repeat.
>
> After the reboot is complete, /lost+found is empty.
>
> Do I have something misconfigured?
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
> bob prohaska

I had a similar-ish problem a while back, where a 128gb ufs filesystem
showed 75gb in use, 43gb free, but kept getting "no space" errors on
trying to copy a few big files to it.  I finally found a filesystem
snapshot (.snap file) in lost+found and when I removed that suddenly
everything was back to normal on that filesystem.

-- Ian