Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:02:09 GMT
From:      greyheart@fnmail.com
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        brett@lariat.org
Subject:   About: FreeBSD at COMDEX

Hello!
       Reading this article really pissed me off. The solutions are
so obvious that I can't see why you're complaining about not having
enough attention. You asked for it! When you're leaving GNU aside,
you're putting yourself aside.

       Gnu people get to this stage not without efforts, with
advocacy, with time, with money, with _love_ for computer. So they are
where they are, with all the attention going for them. They already
are conquering the world, though lot of people say something
different.

       When I installed my first copy of GNU/Linux a few years ago,
Linus
wasn't the shadow of what it is today, so that's what I mean when I
say that it already conquered the world. It's just a matter of time
for it to be on all computers around the world.

       And there it is FreeBSD, a better, faster, and more stable OS,
but with an attitude problem. Why don't you just forget all the hate
against the GPL (looks more of a colective communism hate for me), and
take advantage of what GNU won. I was so happy with FreeBSD, I didn't
need to restart my computer to use a program made for GNU/Linux, in
fact
it worked days without a reboot, and it worked faster. But sadly it
couldn't be up to date with new technologies, and I couldn't afford to
wait for months until FreeBSD's developers have an alternative to the
GPL. Maybe the next month I'd buy a DVD player, and it has drivers for
GNU/Linux, should I reboot my computer and start GNU/Linux just for
looking a movie, I don't think so. For the first time I chose Unix not
for having to restart everytime. So I'll have to keep with GNU/Linux,
like it or not, at least I'm not going for the Microsoft alternative
anymore.

       Why don't you realize that the hate and prejudice is what's
putting you aside? Now is the time for FreeBSD to start thinking
of change, because the world is changing. All the pieces are in the
right place RIGHT NOW, for you to become widely known. Use them, or
die.

                                                       Jimmy.