Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:31:49 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        "Christopher J. Umina" <chris@uminac.com>
Cc:        mexas@bristol.ac.uk, freebsd-fortran@freebsd.org

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 07:24:12PM -0400, Christopher J. Umina wrote:
> Fortran is pretty much a standard in the scientific world and I for
> one have been quite upset about the fact that I'm constantly forced
> away from FreeBSD for such things. Needless to say I was quite
> surprised that a list was created specifically for Fortran discussion,
> but I'm also very excited to see the level of interest in the
> community.

Please, don't top-post, it looses context.  In fact, I've
deleted all of the previous context. :-)

Not sure why you're forced away from FreeBSD because of
Fortran.  gfortran has been a part of GCC since 2005.
Although the first year or two of gfortran's life saw a
large number of bugsi and patches, since gcc 4.4,x ori
4.5.x, she's been a very good compiler.

--
Steve