Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2020 01:28:06 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Working on Zoom port

"Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Given how Zoom is getting used a lot more these days, I've started
> > working on a port that installs the Zoom linux client.
> >
> > Here is a link to my github if anyone wants to help:
> >
> > https://github.com/emc2/freebsd-ports/tree/zoom
> >

> > I'm not done yet.  The zoom linux client installs a bunch of Qt
> > libraries in its own directory.  These either need to be installed with
> > a port, or else the right configs need to be set to search for libraries
> > there.
> >
> > I'm going to take a break, but I'm going to circle back to this.
> >

> You are aware of the rather large pile of recent security issues
> surronding zoom I hope.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/08/zoom_security_stamos/
"As Zoom bans spread over privacy concerns, vid-conf biz taps up
Stamos as firefighter in totally-not-a-PR-stunt move"

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/27/doc_searls_zoom_privacy/
Yeah, that Zoom app you're trusting with work chatter? It lives
with 'vampires feeding on the blood of human data'

Cheers
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux http://berklix.com/jhs/
http://berklix.org/corona/  Real Brexit 31 Dec 2020 will further damage UK & EU