Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:06:29 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   audacity WX menu fonts and 4K monitor

Greetings,

I recently moved to a Dell S2817Q@60Hz monitor and it's almost always
fabulous, but audio/audacity has a problem with the menu fonts being
too large to be functional.  A linux native instance accessed over X
and displayed on FreeBSD is similarly (but not exactly the same)
guilty.  A recent native debian testing audacity display on a lower
res 1920p monitor is workable, but you can see that there are scaling
issues.

I see from the audio/audacity/Makefile that it depends on WX, which I
know has a very fine history but I know nothing about configuring it
to correct this particular problem.

So if I could get a hint on where to start, that works on FreeBSD-12,
that would be very appreciated.

Otherwise Ima gonna budget 4 hrs to try to solve it myself and post a

And if that doesn't work, damn.  I really have to go back to a lower
res monitor in order to rip (FINALLY) my vinyl collection?

Best,
Russell