Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 23:19:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: follow-up to kernel compile problem...

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, David Greenman wrote:

> >On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, David Greenman wrote:

[some deletions]

>    It's not necessary to shut down to single user. It is a good idea if you do
> the 'make world' when the system is mostly idle, however, as unusual transient
> things might happen to the users during some phases of the build.

Please, could you explain this?  How come, if I'm changing my libc, I
don't have to go to single user?  I know when I did current on version
1.1 it was needed, I believe you now, but I like to know why, what changed?

Thanks

> -DG

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;