Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:36:07 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recommendation for FreeBSD laptop configuration for sound production?

Nate Williams writes:
    3) Digital (the HiNote Ultra II looks nice)

Yeah, they look *really* cool.  However, I tried to buy one a month or two ago,
and was told (by DEC, as I recall) that they have stopped making them and that
production of the replacement, the HiNote Ultra 2000, had not yet started.  So,
you may be out of luck on that avenue.

       Pros:
         * Use standard components.  Nothing funky to cause you support grief.

I hope that stays true.

       Cons:

Add "expensive" to this list -- the Ultra II was listing for over $4000 US when
it was last for sale, as I recall.

In the "lightweights" vein, has anyone had any experience with the Compaq
Armada 41xx?  It can be configured fairly light (although it is fairly big),
and I found an X configuration for it for Linux, but haven't really had a
chance to try it.