Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:06:07 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Subject:   Re: some patches to improve some gnome ports

--=-zZ4B6tF3fZ3RAIp0TIc5

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 12:58 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:08:24 -0600, Alexander Leidinger =20
> <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:
>=20
> > Hi,
> >
> > at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/ I have some patches
> > which also affect some gnome@ maintained ports.
> >
> >  - databases:libgda:files:patch-providers_gda-mysql-server_connection.c=
:
> >    * unbreaks with a recent gcc (3.4 on -current), important, without i=
> >      I get a buildfailure
> >  - databases:libgda2.diff:
> >    * adds a conflict with libgda-0.*, because of at least gda-run
> >    * adds a message for FIREBIRD support
> >  - databases:libgda.diff:
> >    * adds a conflict with libgda2, because of at least gda-run
>=20
> Approved with all of above. Thanks!
>=20
> >    * adds support for more DBs (I did this some months ago, lib
> >      versions may not be right anymore)
>=20
> Umm... I am not sure if it's right. Have you re-check the plist yet? If =20
> you want my honest opinion. I don't think it's worth to poke in libgda bu=
t =20
> if it's what you need/want then I have no problem with it as long as =20
> someone recheck the plist. The last time update of libgda was back in =20
> March 2002, so that's up to you if you still want to poke it. :-)

libgda is still in active development, but they have not released a
stable release in sometime.  Up until recently, we were tracking the
1.9x versions, but many ports did not build with the new API.  libgda
will be around for a while in some form or another.

Joe

--=20

--=-zZ4B6tF3fZ3RAIp0TIc5

--=-zZ4B6tF3fZ3RAIp0TIc5--