Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 1995 00:22:17 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        dchapes@zeus.leitch.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Arena 0.97g binary port

 *     I've put arena-port2.tgz into ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming
 * (arena-port.tgz is a failed attempt at me transfering it).

Well, that one doesn't work either, both seem to be incomplete.  In
fact, arena-port2.tgz has zero size. :<

 *     Inspired by the netscape binary only port this is arena 0.97,
 * binary only.  You may not want to include this in the ports
 * tree since it's not as fully functional a web browser as netscape
 * but unlike netscape it has no ugly licencing and there are those
 * of us out here that dislike Netscape for one reason or another.
 *
 *     Anyway, here it is if you want it in the ports area.

What's the licensing terms?  I've worked around their homepage a bit,
but can't find anything about licenses.

Anyway, I think arena is a very, very beautiful little program ("sexy"
in Jordan's words), but it's way too buggy for my taste (it just hung
on me after a couple of minutes -- and it doesn't support 16-bit
displays well...grrrr).  But of course I'm not going to get in the way
if people want to port & use it, so if someone else wants to commit
it, go right ahead.

Make sure the packaging works though, even if NO_PACKAGE is set in the
Makefile, please test it with "FORCE_PACKAGE=yes" from the command
line.

Satoshi