Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:39:28 +0100
From:      Jan Stary <jsta6559@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   building jdk13 (5.1) needs a functional JDK?

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the jdk13 port on 5.1-RELEASE-p10
I have linux compatibility and 4.x compatibility in kernel

I get the following error during the build.
Specifying BOOTDIR, ALT_BOOTDIR and JDK13DIR
as /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/ doesn't help.
(the port itself requested and built it!)

Has anyone built this port succesfully?
This is supposed to be the native java port for BSD, isn't it?
And I shuold not evne need the linux compat...

	Thanks for any ideas

		Jan

===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p8_2
# Start of jdk build
i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p8-root-031124-17:35
ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point to a
valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build. A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1
build must be bootstrapped against any 1.3 build. Please update
your ALT_BOOTDIR setting, or just unset it, and start your build
again.

Exiting because of the above error(s).
gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2