Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:59:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave McCammon <davemac11@yahoo.com>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jumpy optic mouse

--- "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com> wrote:
> Dave McCammon <davemac11@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Anyone got a fix for a jumpy optic mouse in X
> > It is a PS/2 Labtec Optical Mouse.
>
> How jumpy?  Do you just need to play with the mouse
> settings of "xset"?
Mouse will move normally, then, all of the sudden,
jump to left of screen or bottom left of screen.

> Mouse setup is fairly well documented.  I think most
> people configure
> "moused" to run the mouse and then tell X to use
> "/dev/sysmouse" instead
> of "/dev/psm0".  Maybe you've got the two mouse
> drivers both going after
> "/dev/psm0" or something.

Using "moused" and pointing X to sysmouse protocol and
/dev/sysmouse didn't work at all. Mouse became
extremely eratic.
Regular PS/2 mouse worked fine with same setup as I
have now. Optic PS/2 mouse has to be plugged in after
X is started with the regular PS/2 mouse.