Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 08:30:28 -0400
From:      wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com (ED WOLPERT )
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp -auto question

Folks-
	Can anyone give advice on PPP with the -auto switch?  I've got
it running, but it has a habbit of working in a strange way.  When it
first starts, before anyone tries to connect to an external host, when
people log in, or make a new shell (tcsh) (even in X windows), it does
not try to make a connection to my ppp provider.  However, after it
has made a connection, and closed it due to a timeout... for everyone
but root, when a new shell (tcsh) is started, it automatically opens up
the ppp connection... there is no networking commands in the .cshrc or
.login files.  (In fact, the .cshrc and .login are the default ones
created by the adduser command)  Has anyone seen this?  Does anyone
have any ideas?

--
                           Virtually,
                           Edward Wolpert

-------------------------------  "The best way out is always
wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com |  through." - Robert Frost
wolpert@utk.edu                |
Truth is what you believe.     |  give you the world.' (tm)

Fnord.