Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:21:48 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        "Joao Pedras" <bfe00350@mail.telepac.pt>
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird quota

I've vaguely noticed a lot of traffic on this topic and I'm not
sure if it's been resolved, but there is a glaring inconsistency
here that may be the problem.  This is cut savagely to point to
the essentials:

Note this -----------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^

And now note this in the strangely wrapped line below:

> # Check the quotas (must be after ypbind if
> using NIS)[ "X${check_quotas}" = X"YES" ]; then

They are not the same thing.  It might help to set the value
that the rc file actually checks.

Of course, if the line was really wrapped, there would be other
awful symptoms, so I'm going to presume that it was just broken
by one of the wonderful mailers out there.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>