Date:      Thu, 28 May 2015 11:28:55 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   qmail maintainership dropped

--t7XOQVqhCuPL1pfHQJbxtFll1kD2r2SF0

I have dropped maintainership of qmail and all related ports.

I have not been the best maintainer here, often taking up to 7 months to
get patches committed to the various ports. Mostly due to the reason I
am moving away from qmail. My own setup was created in 2009 from the
port and has been hacked at directly since. I have not actually used any
of these ports in a very long time. It's a symptom of the larger problem
of qmail and its ecosystem not having any real maintainers or community
support anymore.

I would recommend users look into alternative solutions such as postfix,
exim or opensmtp. All of which are actively maintained.

Cheers,
Bryan Drewery