Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:21:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        colossos_1@hotmail.com (Johan Claesson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about FreeBSD.

> Hi, I'm quite new to the world of linux, and I are going to set up a linux
> server, and I'm looking aroud for a good linux system, and I find FreeBSD
> quite interesting. Does FreeBSD have a X-mode and is it easy to handle?
> Whats the difference between FreeBSD, Slackware and Redhat?

As you will quickly learn if you read the material suggested by others
on this list, FreeBSD is not Linux.  (it's better...).

Yes, it has X.   Easy is a subjective thing.  I find it easier than all
the pointy-clickey junk from Microsloth, etc.   But, there is a
significant initial learning curve.

As for the differences between FreeBSD and some of the Linux distros,
you have some studying ahead of you.  There are many similarities and
some important differences that make FreeBSD a top choice for reliability
and security.

Have fun,

////jerry