Date:      27 Sep 1997 14:35:12 +0800
From:      dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu (Doug White)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Ramon wrote:

> 1: if i log on to my internet provider i get a IP address, and if i type it
> over in my browser it must respond (but NOP nothing happens)

I don't understand what you're referring to here.

> 2: How can i put my homepage in FreeBSD??

If you're connected to the Internet more permanently than with a modem,
sure.  Just install Apache from the ports or packages trees and start
building your website under /usr/local/www/data/.

> 3: after a while (5 minutes) the line is disconecting (what can i do??)

Try typing `set timeout 0' at the ppp> prompt before dialing.  Also try
`disable lqr' and `deny lqr'.

> 4: If i try to install the www server the program shows a error
> Unable to fetch package Lynx-2.7

That's not the web server, that's a web surfer :-)

> I'm using the FreeBSD cd-rom version 2.2.2.

>From the second CD you should be able to run

pkg_add /cdrom/packages/www/apache-1.2b10.tgz

as root.