Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:15:08 -0800
From:      Bill Ostrander <dc3@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help on installing APACHE

I'm new to UNIX, and am trying to install APACHE on my machine.  I've
searched the freebsd pages for web server help, but most of what I found
was "under development".

I installed the package from the #1 cdrom, and the install looked good,
but "/server/httpd" is not in /usr/local/www.(/server is not there).
Also, httpd.conf is in /usr/local/etc/apache, but is named
httpd.conf-dist.

I have the "Complete FreeBSD" from Walnut Creek.

Could you tell me where I went wrong, or where I can look to find the
answer?

Thanks - Bill
dc3@mind.net