Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:03:31 -0700
From:      Jeff Gray <jwgray@netbox.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PGP    keys and signing

Struggling with two PGP issues, hoping that someone can help
enlighten me.

Same problem on both 3.3 and 4.0 so not likely to be OS caused.
PGP5 from ports used.  4.0 box never had PGP on it.

1.  can encrypt, but not decrypt message from recipient.
      pgpe -r name@address.com -at file
          works fine. 'name' receives and can decrypt.
      when recipient sends to me I cannot decrypt.
           pgpk -c shows that the key is in the right place
           and matches.

       If I go to my PGP5 version on my Mac I can decrypt the
       message.

       Ideas?

2.  signing.
    pgpe -r name@address.com -sat file

   encrypts fine but does not sign
     even tried -s -u userid and still does not sign.

pgps -u user -at file
    signs as it should.

Cannot figure out how to encrypt and sign in one step.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
jeff