Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 13:43:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        FREEBSD-PORTS-L <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   workman 1.3... no joy  :(

    I grabbed the workman port out of ports-current today and tried
building it.  On the first try, it said it couldn't find XView.prog
during the xmkmf, so Gary Palmer sent me his.  It built the binary,
but if I try to run it, I get "XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file
number" repeated six times and then a segfault.  The windows appears
briefly on screen before disappearing.

    Re-installing the three xview packages didn't help either.  Anyone
else having this problem?  I'm running 2.1-RELEASE and XFree86 3.1.2.
On a side note, the workman port though I had xview installed even
though I had just deleted it:

===>  Extracting for workman-1.3
===>  workman-1.3 depends on shared library: xview\.3\. - found
[...]
./Imakefile:19: XView.tmpl: No such file or directory

--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.