Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:36:46 +0100
From:      jeremie le-hen <le-hen_j@epita.fr>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   802.1x

Hi,

I'm currently working on a transparent gateway running FreeBSD, which must
provide two major features:
	* transparent border gateway between an IPv6 and an IPv4 network (using
	  NAT-PT, described in RFC 2766)
	* network authentication (using IEEE 802.1x)

NAT-PT is currently implemented in the KAME IPv6 stack, as an experimental
feature, but it seems to work fine. *BSD currently integrate the KAME stack,
but experimental features are only parts of the KAME snapshots.

However, I fight with 802.1x under FreeBSD. I know Pekka Nikander worked on an
802.1x implementation under FreeBSD (see [1]), but I wasn't able to make it
work with a FreeRadius server.

Would anyone tell me some more about it ? Maybe another 802.1x implementation,
or some tricks...

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Jeremie aka T{ata,t}Z