Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:58:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James E. Flemer" <jflemer@acm.jhu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   libtool 1.3 and 1.4

Let the madness ensue. =)

No doubt this has come up before, and most people are
probably aware of the state of libtool in ports.  Probably
the best attempt (I've seen) at doing anything about
libtool, was by Jeremy Norris as seen in ports/33916.
This PR was last updated Sep 08 2002.

I took a few hours today to review the patches offered by
Jeremy, and to look at the way concurrent versions of
autoconf (et al) are handled in ports.  As a result, I
threw together a revised set of patches that may be enough
to get things moving towards a happy coexistence of both
versions of libtool in the ports tree.  Attempts were made
to keep as many existing ports from breaking, but some
cases could not be avoided.

I have posted my patches and a brief README at the
following address:

  http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~flemej/freebsd/libtool-upgrade/

I am not subscribed to freebsd-ports, so please cc me if
you wish.  No need to cc me if a war should break out over
this.

Take it easy,
-James