Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 02:11:24 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Victor Granic <vmg@interlog.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel configuration file

Victor Granic wrote:

> I'm actually not *that* lazy. :)  I have already built a custom kernel
> but I am by no means an expert of FreeBSD, and in fact, quite the
> opposite.  My logic is simply to have a reference from where I
> can compare and learn.

I think someone mentioned before that having sample kernel configs for
different types of machine (eg ftp, www, news) may be useful, though
I forget who suggested this. I agree it may be useful though. Have you
read the Apache documentation on tweaking Apache? this doesn't deal with
the kernel much, but it may still help. You should be able to find it
easily from www.apache.org

(If your web server isn't running Apache... why not?)

--
Ben Smithurst                                          ben@scientia.demon.co.uk