Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:45:50 -0400
From:      "Booth, Christopher" <Christopher_Booth@mcgraw-hill.com>
To:        "'freebsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mea Culpa: Apologies to All

I was in the wrong with my Outlook/Netscape query.

It was entirely off-topic and inappropriate. Actually, I think that the
sharpness of M.L. Dodson's response was not a flame, but entirely correct.

My excuse was that I was tired, and frustrated beyond what I can say with
the behavior of the ubiquitous OS, and was being harangued by a significant
other to get her machine to do what I was saying I could do on mine; the
insinuation being that if I couldn't, then I was full of you-know-what and
the logical next step is why-do-you-waste-your-time-on-THAT, anyway? It was
one of those days when one gets it from every side at once, and then goes
and does the stupidest thing possible on top of it.

I really do feel that I made an inappropriate post, and I apologise to all.
I am contrite and seriously hope that I have not relegated my credibility to
the garbage can eternally, for this list has always been helpful to me
personally, and as an organic flow of text always informative--and often
amusing.