Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 16:40:57 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
To:        "Chris Phillips" <chris@selkie.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SMP

Oh, one more thing..

Why would I need XEON processors? The only differenced between those and
other PIII's is the full speed cache (and more of it usually), right?

*shrug* not really sure. The motherboards say they support PIII/XEON, so I
was wondering what your logic was behind what you said.

As far as the database using all 4 processors, any threaded program *could*
use them, couldn't they?

*shrug* I'm a total newbie with multi-processor systems, I've never had
anything big enough to need one so some of what I said could be totaly
wrong.. Please, feel free to school me :-)

-Mitch