Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:51:24 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcelm@juniper.net>
Cc:        "powerpc@freebsd.org" <powerpc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [P2020] FreeBSD cannot enable 2nd core.

On 2012-06-02, at 17:21, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> All,
>=20
> I'm running into a weird issue where the 2nd core of a P2020 SoC isn't =
being woken
> up by FreeBSD.  If I manually frob the EEBPCR register from the U-Boot =
prompt I see
> that the second core is booting U-Boot (after which things go bad =
obviously).  But
> from FreeBSD I don't seem to be able to get a kick.  The only real =
difference I see
> between U-Boot and FreeBSD is that in FreeBSD we need to program the =
BPTR register
> to have the boot page mapped to where the kernel is loaded. But I have =
no reason to
> suspect that this is in any way related to why I can't bring the 2nd =
core up.
> BTW: The logic in FreeBSD worked fine on a P1020.
>=20
> Does anyone know of any erratas I should be concerned about or have =
had similar
> experiences they can share.

Hi Marcel,
I can confirm we noticed this problem on P2020DS not long ago with =
vanilla SVN HEAD, however we haven't investigated this because our local =
changes for the DPAA QorIQ (rebased against SVN HEAD from around the =
same time frame) seem to work fine on the P2020DS as well (SMP enabled). =
I'm still cleaning up and fractioning our huge diff for commiting to SVN =
and will test the P2020 too.

Rafal