Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:05:27 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Kazennov Vladimir <kvn@wplus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to support adaptec 29160

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 19:25:03 +0400, Kazennov Vladimir wrote:
> Hello ALL!
>  Please, give me some info about support adaptec 29160 with FreeBSD
>  Kernel during installation doesn't recognise this adapter

You need FreeBSD 4.0 or 4.1 in order to use that board.  There is no
support for the 29160 in the 3.x series of releases.

Note that in 4.0 and 4.1, devices attached to Adaptec Ultra160 adapters
are limited to 80MB/sec.  Support for Ultra160 operation with those chips
is in FreeBSD-current, but has not yet been merged into -stable.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org