Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 01:35:58 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <Julian.H.Stacey@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>, velte@cdrom.com, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: A Scenario for FreeBSD Commercial Support

> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
> I don't much like this idea.
> "Sorry, you're out of date.  You need to upgrade your entire shop
> and fix what isn't broken before we'll help you with your problem."

No that's Not how it would work, you missed out my original :
	- "for free"
	- basic boot support only (no advanced free support)
you also added "entire shop",
you thus massively misunderstood what I suggested, so I'll re-state it:

"Sorry, you're out of date.  You need to upgrade the machine you are exhibiting
the basic fail-to-boot problem on if you want to receive Free support"

If a company wants corporate wide support of advanced problems, there's no way
WC could possibly provide that for Free !

What I suggest is thet WC Inc might like to establish a Basic support net
for first time boot people, to encourage production of 4 releases per year,
to create revenue for them to subsidise Release Engineer, + Support staff.

---
Julian Stacey  <jhs@freebsd.org>  Tel. +49 89 268616.   Fax Modem: 2608126
        Vector Systems Ltd: an Internet, Unix & C systems consultancy.