Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 04:33:48 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache vhost directive problem

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my apache httpd vhost configuration.

My vhost entries for numerous users look like this:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName eggshell.munk.nu
    ServerAdmin support@munk.nu
    DocumentRoot /home/eggshell/web
    ErrorLog /home/eggshell/logs/httpd-error.log
    CustomLog /home/eggshell/logs/httpd-access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

and the problem I'm having is that if a user removes either their logs
or web dir, the server will not (re)start correctly since the vhost
configuration is broken after such changes.

How can I ensure that the vhost configuration does not become 'broken'
after a user makes such a change?

Many thanks in advance,

Jez