Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:33:27 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        "T. William Wells" <bill@twwells.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel driver doc's Take 2.

At 06:17 PM 04/03/2001, T. William Wells wrote:

> > >But you do seem to have time to keep arguing with people???
> > >I'm sure you'll have time to bitch again if 4.4 doesn't meet your needs
> > >because you didn't submit some patch you needed.
>
> > Only because the same morons (like yourself) continue ad infinitum to post
> > your useless comments publicly.
>
>I am opposed to supporting individuals or corporations whose
>principals cannot manage simple disagreements with civility. It
>makes it clear what the consequences will be _to me_ should I, in
>my capacity as consultant, ever have a dispute with such an
>individual or organization. I don't need that sort of stress nor
>would I be willing to expose my clients to such behavior.

Nor do we, as a corporation, need the stress of dealing with customers with
such attitudes. So it works out, doesnt it?

When are you going to get it into your heads? You are not supporting me by
buying what we sell. You are making a business decision, paying a price
because you believe the product has at least the value of the price to you.

This "consumer" attitude that you are doing a company a favor by buying
something from them is completely misguided. Most companies are not
some  ISP or consultant struggling to pay its bills. WE are doing you a
favor by making our technology available to you at a fair price. If you
dont see it that way, then you have a serious problem. Because Cisco, and
Intel, and 3Com and yes, Emerging Technologies will survive without your
business and your attitude. We dont expect to make every sale.

>This is why, unless there is no reasonable alternative, your
>products will not be on my short-list of solutions.

Ok, and unless we are totally desperate for cash (dont count on it) we wont
sell anything to you. Deal? You've just made a world class business
decision. Burning bridges with a vendor that you may someday need is
absolutely brilliant.

Now lets drop it and get back to work.

Dennis