Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:45:24 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org, Scott Sipe <cscotts@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: DP2 Fatal Trap

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 03:25:15PM -0800, Terry Lambert
<tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > I have now definitive answer for _my_ case and environment. Just
> > finished full package build for my workstation bundle port (92
> > ports), including XFree-4, KDE3, mozilla-devel and whatnot. It all
> > went very well running kernel which had:
> >
> > DISABLE_PSE     enabled
> > DISABLE_PG_G    disabled
> >
> > Are you interested of the reverse? Can it be that enabling
> > DISABLE_PSE incorporates DISABLE_PG_G somehow?
>
> I give up.
>
> You guys obviously still think it's a software problem that you
> can characterize and fix using binary elimination to find the
> offending code.  It's not.

You got me wrong. I'm user and do not know and don't want to know
about any CPU architecture and bugs. But I've got problems and
simply trying to provide any data possible to gather by myself.
Either CPU hardware or software bug, fine. You're claiming to know
the bug and possible fix, but don't want to publish it, fine. I
don't want to think about it because with my knowledge this is going
to nowhere and only wasting my time. Things you see above are my
results using consistent testing environment, take it or leave it.
I'll stick with DISABLE_PSE enabled and DISABLE_PG_G disabled for
the time being.
--

Vallo Kallaste
kalts@estpak.ee