Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 05:19:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@future.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN

> 1. If I had a BRI line and a TA attached to it, the TA can only handle
> one B channel at a time right? If yes, then would I be wasting the 2nd B

Wrong.  You can bond two B channels just fine with a TA.  I do it
all the time.

> 2. If I had the same setup as #1, and a user want to do 128K (both B
> channels), do I have to setup anything special on the RAS?  Or can I

You can't do 128K, but you can do 115.2K.

> 3. What is a good TA if I want to do 128K on the server side to a smart
> multiserial RAS?

Hard to say - depends on the RAS.  Most modern TAs will do multilink
PPP, but you'd need to make sure it's interoperable with the RAS.  I
just use a TA on each end for my link and let them speak their own
bonding protocol ("bonding mode 1" for the ADTRAN L1) so it works
seamlessly.

					Jordan