Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:13:07 -0400
From:      "First, Tim" <firsttim@msu.edu>
To:        "'wkb@freebie.demon.nl'" <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 4.3RC2 on AlphaServer 2100A (Lynx)

I already have the latest SRM firmware on the box.  I tried that after I had
problems with 4.2 before doing my research. I will try the new kernel from
Drew tomorrow morning when I get into work.

I don't have a license for Tru64, and as I recall it was relitively
expensive last time I checked.  This box currently has no useful purpose to
us, and I am trying to give it one.  I tried to trade it in, but just can't
justify getting $3200 from dell for a box that cost us $750K four years ago.
I am hoping to get a unix variant running on this to run amanda on and give
it some more life.  I don't want to throw it away, but it's not worth
$7500/year for maintainence.

-tim

----
Timothy D. First, MCSE, CNA               firsttim@msu.edu
Information Technologist II               (517) 353-4420 x335
Administrative Information Services       Fax: (517) 355-5176
Michigan State University