Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:36:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        <dev@porting.openoffice.org>, <openoffice@freebsd.org>, <kan@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] FreeBSD: Uncatched exception problem

Hi,

> So it would be interesting to change this catch to catch everything just to
> make sure the stack walkback to find the catch is close to working and
> then check the type of the exception.

Doesn't work. been there, but are you sure it is the right "try" we are
looking at ? But it is strange ...

            printf("try XXX - 1\n");
            sTypeName = xDetection->queryTypeByDescriptor( lDescriptor, bDeep );
            // If no exception occure - but we couldn't detect right type ...
            // we can try to get neccessary information by using interaction
            // An interaction handler should exist everytime.
            // If user forgot to set anyone - we created our own one some lines
            printf("try XXX - 2\n");

try XXX - 1
Abort trap (core dumped)

Only the first point is hit ...

> I would simply add debug print statements to these two methods to confirm
> if the catch is made but somehow it is not an exAbort and so another throw
> is done.  If you do not get the right catch, try changeing it to catch
> everything "..." and the print out the type of whatever is caught.

Nope, the catch is never reached.

Martin