Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:29:33 -0800
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@dogcow.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible bug with mkdir() in linux emulation?

On Wed Mar 13 at 10:19:20 AM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> as to be able to find linux shared libs & config files.  So your
> program is trying to make /compat/linux/home, which doesn't exist &
> which you do not have permission to create.

Ahhh! Indeed. A symlink from /home to /compat/linux/home made it work.

So, I guess my question is whether this is a bug or a feature. Obviously,
it's necessary in order for some things to work (shared libraries,
etc.). However, as the Mozilla bug demonstrates, it also breaks some
things that assume that /home is /home is /home. Does $HOME get
/compat/linux prepended to it when Linux binaries try to get my home
directory?

sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@dogcow.org  | "Never before and never since, I promise,