Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      kjerste soderberg <kjerstes@yahoo.com>
To:        rsi@panix.com, oli <olner@gmx.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Used Laptop

Been running FBSD since 4.0 on IBM TP 760ED 760XD
760EL
some issues w/ FA410 Netgear PCMCIA NICs
All have the 12.1" Actv Matrix TFT screens and P133s
some have 32MB but most have 80MB

other than that we now have a user base of about 20
users w/ these family of laptops
VERY WELL RECEIVED
The current general config is we've dumped a file
image which we load on w/ FBSD 4.3, KDE2 w/ KOFFC and
Netscape.
Netscape is a bit touchy w/ any java apps and crashes,
you gotta restart it a lot..

Other than that we use them w/ Verizon CDPD aircards
using Mr Sayer's port for the Merlin CDPD card and all
users are happy since they can surf most anywhere

--- Rajappa Iyer <rsi@panix.com> wrote:
> oli <olner@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > What are your experiences with 770 or 390
> Thinkpads running FreeBSD?
>
> I'm running FreeBSD on a barebones (i.e. no DVD)
> 770ED and it works
> just fine.
>
> Rajappa
> --