Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 11:15:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I will give a list a day or two to settle down if doesn't then I am
> out of here at least for a little while. Is not the volume which bothers me
> rather the apparent sabotage on the list which really gets to me and I think
> that I have been more than patient .

It is also the volume which bothers _me_, i have to pay every single byte
of this, and i know i'm not the only one. People participating at the current
and future holy-wars-discussions on -hackers should keep that in mind.

Perhaps discussions like this are useful for something, but they should
be continued on a different list than -hackers, really !

Kicking people off this list is no good idea, but maybe the postmaster
at freebsd.org has a brilliant idea to do a subject-based header rewriting
and force such discussions to another list installed just for such situations:
those-discussions-ending-in-insulting-flame-wars-4-times-a-year@freebsd.org

grummel,
hellmuth
--