Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:55:43 -0500
From:      "Alton, Matthew" <Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com>
To:        "'cc@137.org'" <cc@137.org>
Cc:        "'Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG'" <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: BSD XFS Port & BSD VFS Rewrite

Thank you for this link.  I assume that SGI will release the XFS code
under some species of corporate community licensing scheme.  The
BSD/XFS will be implemented as an optional bolt-on set of kernel
modules in a manner designed to avoid GPL-ifying the BSD kernel.
I currently believe that this can be done so long as the modules
constitute a discrete "product."  I will have my lawyer confirm this
when the details of the SGI license become public.