Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 97 11:00:33 MET DST
From:      fj@login.dknet.dk (Flemming Jacobsen)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hauppauge Win/TV and fxtv problems

Hi,

I have some problems using fxtv.

I'm using: FreeBSD X TV (fxtv), vers. 0.43.
with the bt848.970604.tgz drivers, on FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE. I start it
using the following script:
  #!/bin/sh

  GEOMETRY="-geometry -0-0"
  SYSDEFAULTS="-inputFormat pal -cableFreqSet weurope -antennaFreqSet weurope"
  DEFAULTS="-tunerMode cable -defaultInput tuner -defaultChannel 10"

  cd $HOME/bin/FXTV
  exec ./fxtv $GEOMETRY $SYSDEFAULTS $DEFAULTS

My card is a Hauppauge Win/TV with text and radio (BUT: it doesn't
have a set of CD-in-out connectors on the PCB as most people
describe. The back-plate has two RF-in connectors (TV and Radio),
one audio-out 3.5mm stereo jack, one S-VHS-in mini DIN, one audio-in
3.5mm stereo jack and one video-in phono connector).

I live in Denmark, so `pal' is OK, `weurope' should be OK too.

The basic functionality of the card is OK, as I can get the window
to show whatever I send to the video-in connector.

The problem is: No matter what channel number I type in I get either
static or a blue window (ch 3+4 is static, 5+6 and most of the rest is
blue).  I've tried to change -*FreqSet to the other possible values,
and I've tried feeding the RF-in from both my cable outlet and from a
small antenna. I've been trying most of the channels that my cable
company published in their "how to" folder when using the cable
connection, and I've tried at random when using the antenna. In all
cases there's NO diffrence that I can see (yes, I did remember to set
the cable/antenna selector).

Am I missing something obvious, or is my tuner broken ?

        Have a nice day
        Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's