Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:10:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        "Dale E. Chulhan" <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Single User Logon

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Dale E. Chulhan wrote:

:I have ten devil machines functioning as 'workstations' and another as a server.
:How do I centralise the account home directories and the logins ( /etc/passwd )
:so that I don't have to create accounts for all my users on each machine?

NFS and NIS are the traditonal way of doing this.  If you need more than
that, you'd be better served by asking -questions, and not -chat.

David Scheidt