Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 02:59:28 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WIne freezes -current for  half a year

Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:36:41PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > My understanding of his post was that, 6 months later, the machine
> > unfreezes, and everything works normally...  8-) 8-).
> >
> > Actually, I think he's complaining that WINE isn't working in -current.
>
> Yup.  That's about right.  Last time I tried Wine (sometime within the
> past three or four months) I was trying to install either Free Agent or
> WinMX.  The thing caused my 'puter to just reboot.  I haven't felt like
> trying it since (especially now that current isn't hanging nearly as
> often otherwise).

It'd probably be a good idea to try it again before reporting
it as if it were still not working.  It may or may not have been
fixed by the signal and FP register state commits, etc., so just
because it was broken doesn't mean it's broken now.

Even if it *is* still broken, it could be broken in an entirely
different way... 8-).

-- Terry