Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:12:12 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Osmany Guirola Cruz <osmany.guirola@cigb.edu.cu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 to 5.greater

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 08:23:39AM -0400, Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:
> Ok but i can use cvsup i have ti use ctm and the question is
> if i have 5.2RELEASE how can i get 5.2.1 in the CTM ftp site i have these=
=20
> folders=20
>=20
> 08/07/03 12:00AM cvs-cur
> 01/04/02 12:00AM ports-cur
> 02/11/01 12:00AM src-2.2
> 08/07/03 12:00AM src-3
> 03/13/01 12:00AM src-4
> 08/07/03 12:00AM src-cur
>  i need to know which files download from the site to get the source of t=
he=20
> 5.2.1 reales src-4  or  src-cur and how can i identify which file dowload=
=20

Hmmm... I don't think you can get one of the -RELEASE branches
directly through ctm(1).  The directories available are:

    cvs-cur         -- presumably the whole FreeBSD CVS repository
    ports-cur       -- the ports tree
    src-2.2         -- 2.2-STABLE (Ancient)
    src-3           -- 3-STABLE (Ancient)
    src-4           -- 4-STABLE (Currently at 4.10-BETA)
    src-cur         -- 5-CURRENT

So the realistic choices you have are: src-4 to get the latest
4-STABLE, or cvs-cur to get the whole code repository, from which you
can check out the sources using whatever -RELEASE tag you wish.
src-cur isn't a good option unless you're a system developer, and the
other src-N collections are pretty old.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20