Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 01:06:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCL Midi?

Hello there!

I have just received my FreeBSD 3.3.  I have a FreeBSD box with a sound
blaster card.

I'm trying to use "rosegarden-2.1", it has some bugs in the distribution
file, but they can be easily handled.

But... "rosegarden" depends on "tclmidi-3.1" for playing (previous
versions depended on "playmidi", but this package is not longer
available).

tclmidi-3.1 is avaliable for FreeBSD, but according to man pages there are
some programs or functions that are not (completely) available in the
tclmidi-3.1 package (v. gr. "mplay")

Looking at the tclmidi-3.1 source code, I found a special directory called
"drivers" and there there is a file saying that the whole kernel should be
modified then compiled to create a "midi driver"
(/usr/ports/audio/tclmidi/work/tclmidi-3.1/drivers/README.freebsd)

FreeBSD version 3.3 is not source compatible with the directions for
building the midi driver.  But being very careful, the kernel's sources
can be adapted.  Nevertheless, when the kernel is compiled there are
several compiling errors on some files (midi.c, and others).  So, I got
stuck.

Could you please tell me how did you do it work?

Thank you in advance.

  | |