Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:04:05 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.net>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: VLAN switch

SNIP

> > Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I'm looking for a cheap vlan switch.
> > Anyone with a suggestion?
>
> the Netgear GS724T is a 'web smart' ( :D ) 24 port gigabit
> switch. about 600
> AUD from memory. you can find cheaper ones if you dont want gigE.
If your ok with 100/Full, I recomend the Intel510T for Layer 2 managed
switching. If you need Layer3 switching, the Intel520T should work.

I paid $2.50 USD for a used 24 Port Intel510T with 0 problems. They also
support SNMP and cut-through switching. It defaults to store-and-forward,
but its a really easy thing to change. I was ok with paying 10 times as
much to have it shipped here.

SNIP