Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 04:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41258: converters/recode needs new port revision

The following reply was made to PR ports/41258; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To: Martin Kraft <martin.kraft@fal.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:04:00 +1000

 On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:31:18PM +0200, Martin Kraft wrote:
 > >Synopsis:       converters/recode needs new port revision

 There are 192 other ports which need it...

 When I heard about the libintl.2 to libintl.4 change I wrote a small
 script which I write this morning which checked for intl.2 in the
 Makefile, changed it into intl.4, updated the PORTREVISION and
 created a diff for it.

 Then this morning I saw that every reference to libintl.2 was gone
 and replaced by libintl.4, without bumping the revision. No more
 need for the giant diff...

 So I installed the new gettext-port and rm'd the old
 /var/db/pkg/gettext-0.11 directory...

 Yeah, it sucks a little bit :-)

 Edwin

 --