Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:48:06 -0700
From:      Jose Amengual M <jose.amengual@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Performance and advice questions.

Hi all.

I have been working with jail for a couple of years now with awesome
results.

At first time I try creating Jails with the instructions of the
handbook and then I move to ezjail that give me great useland tools
for admin my jails and so on.

But like any other technology there is performances tuning and new
features to research and test and because of that I came across
different approaches to achieve better performance of "easy"
administration, so here are my questions :

1.- There is any benefit to run jails in images or virtual disk ? ( http://www.the-labs.com/FreeBSD/JailTools/README.virtual_disks
  )
   ( the reason that I ask this is because of comparing with vmware
workstation that looks to run faster in a virtual disk that a hardisk ).

2.- There is any disadvantage to use lo0 for virtual interface aliases
for my jails ?

3.- with vimage or similar tool can I create a virtual interface
( like test0 or something like it ) and ad it to a jail ?
( I'm asking this because I will like to have a virtual interface for
my jails and over it make the alias for my jails, but no using a real
interface, so I can have a kind of DMZ and maybe achieve better
performance if is possible( like vswitch in vmware ) ).

4.- There is any disadvantage to store and run jails on a NFS server
( I mean the jail directory in a NFS) ?

Thanks.

Jose Amengual.